Condensation control – PIV Units
23rd May 18 | Back to blog
Condensation is where warm air created by everyday living comes into contact with cooler air or a cold surface this causes a form of dampness.
Poor Ventilation creates condensation build up in properties and can lead to lead to damp and mould growth if left for long periods without treatment.
What to watch out for:
- Water running down walls
- Mould growing in corners of rooms, behind furniture, spotting on glass or around windows
- Windows streaming (especially on a morning)
- Unpleasant odour’s
One way of controlling condensation is by installing a Positive Input Ventilation (PIV) unit.
The unit is installed in the loft area and a vent would be placed at the top of the landing area in your home.
This is the perfect position to give the PIV the area it needs to move the air around your home.
Cannon generally install and set up the PIV within three hours.
The unit works by drawing fresh air from the lofts natural leakage points. This air is then passed through the filters of the unit and gently introduced into your home. This keeps the rooms well ventilated, air fresh and condensation to a low.
A few of the many benefits to having a PIV installed are:
- Cures condensation within your home
- Reduces the risk of mould growth
- Removes indoor air pollutants such as carbon monoxide and radon gas.
- Research has shown that preventing moisture in a home can reduce allergic reactions to dust mites and other pollutants that affect those suffering from respiratory disorders.
For more information on Positive Input Ventilation units please contact our office on 0800 859 5181.